Magical Realism

And welcome back to something that, despite today's date, is much more conventional than my post from a few days ago! In fact, this one is conventional enough that it was the first theme idea I ever tried to make--by which I mean I spent about 15 minutes in February 2020 fumbling around with the trial version of Crossfire and a much worse version of this theme before I decided that this whole construction thing was just too hard. Two years later, I present you with what I hope is an actually fun version of the puzzle--it's lightly themed and hopefully not too tricky but still with plenty of my own personality in the clues. (You all know your Rent lyrics, right?)

Anyways, the real reason I'm posting this puzzle now is that I'm headed out to ACPT in a few hours! For those of you reading this before ACPT who will be attending, come say hi! I promise not to be too awkward. (Note: I may or may not be able to keep this promise.) And if any of you found this blog because you were introduced to it/indie puzzles in general at ACPT, welcome! I think this puzzle is a pretty good encapsulation of what I try to do here, so if you like it, please check out the rest of this blog or my "other puzzles" page, which has links to my published puzzles and some absolutely top notch off-blog collabs.

Thanks to Kelsey for test solving!

Direct Crosshare link | Puz file

Comments

  1. Love the clue for 66A and the dictionary history in 59D!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Band Mates (with Dan Schwartz)

Do You Like Scary Movies? (with Norah Sharpe)

musty hallways (themeless)