soft piano music (themeless)

 Today's puzzle is a themeless. It is also, in full disclosure, another puzzle that's coming off the rejection pile, which I hope doesn't discourage you from solving it, because I really, really love this grid. It's always a little bittersweet posting this sort of puzzle, because rejections are rough, and, in all honesty, it can be kind of discouraging to still be mostly making blog puzzles when it feels like more and more great constructors are (very deservedly!) shifting to publish more at non-blog outlets. At the same time, I'm very glad to have this space to post puzzles that reflect my voice and interests, and I'm grateful to anyone who solves these puzzles, whether we're friends, acquaintances, or strangers.

As for the puzzle itself, 19A and 54A were the seeds (and inspired the title), but I think I managed to pack it with a ton of fun fill beyond those. As for the clues, I've swapped out three or four of them to add more indie flavor to this, but most of them were the clues I originally submitted. Fun fact: one of the most standard crossword clues in here actually has a reference to my Dungeons and Dragons character. (All I'll say is that I loved Greek mythology as a kid and love playing a ridiculous bard as an adult.)

Crosshare | Puz

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Band Mates (with Dan Schwartz)

Do You Like Scary Movies? (with Norah Sharpe)

Epic Highs and Lows